Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Best ever glam songs? Hmmmmm

  1. #1
    KrissTeen
    Guest KrissTeen's Avatar

    Post

    As Andii Vamp has revealed I used to edit a glam fanzine that was called 'Bubblegum Trikkz and Lipstikk Fixx. It was actually fairly successful and used to ship out all over the world (I even had a reader in Russia!) Anyway the reason I tell you is because one month I asked the readers to send in their glam all time top ten tracks. I still have a couple of copies of that fanzine lieing about, so here's what the results were...

    1) Poison - Talk Dirty to Me
    2) Faster Pussycat - Don't Change that Song
    3) Pretty Boy Floyd - Rock and Roll
    4) Alleycat Scratch - Take a bite outta me
    5) Indian Angel - Walking the Baby
    6) Tigertailz - She'z too Hot
    7) Enuff Z'Nuff - Fly High Michelle
    8) Big Bang Babies - Penny Lady
    9) Rag Dolls - Mad Bad and Dangerous to Know
    10)Pretty Boy Floyd - I wanna be with you

    Keep in mind that I do not agree with this list (especially Tigertailz sooooooo low!)), but I thought that it would make a good discussion. What are your views......?

    PS This was based on about probably 60 votes if I remember rightly....

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Hairglamfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,692
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    V suprised to see Indian Angel in there so I guess that Vince, Kinney and co were voting for themselves LOL.

  3. #3
    KrissTeen
    Guest KrissTeen's Avatar

    Post

    Actually I reviewed their demo in the previous issue, so maybe you could be right. I also ran a feature on Turtle Head - the remenents of Indian Angel all except Vince, so I rekon it was friends and family too! That's a good point.....
    I did like Indian Angel though.....

  4. #4
    Inactive Member SJ_Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    580
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Some good stuff but I disagree with #7 and #10.

    "New York Dolls - Pills" should be in there along with "Vain - Beat the Bullet"

    You can't argue with 60 votes though, even if they did vote for Enuff Z Nuff [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Carl I.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    June 25th, 2003
    Posts
    4,786
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Any list of that sort without "Solid Gold Easy Action" by T-Rex on top is a bit of a loss, IMO. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    I also take "Ship Rolls In" as my fave Pussycat song, then "Shoot You Down".

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Several corrections there. First things first, the best 'glam metal' song ever is an obscure one. Definitely 'Cat on a Hot Tin Roof' by Steevi Jaimz. That should be followed quite closely by Ivy's Dreams by Vain, Poison Ivy by Faster Pussycat, and LBWET by Pretty Boy Floyd. Also, that list requires something by both Erotic Suicide (probably Wait a Minute or Comes Around Goes Around) and Conscience Pilate (there are many to choose from by these guys). Just my two cents, but I hope it helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Hud McG's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 1st, 2005
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You've got to be joking dearie.
    Where are the dolls, the stooges, hanoi, girl, kiss, t rex, fuckin' anyone the babysitters, soho roses, marrionette its all 80's American junk. C'mon people the truth is out there and it ain't Poison.
    H

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Cotton Candy Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2003
    Posts
    2,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ummm, did I just see Kiss mentioned above? Raggz, can we get a ruling on that?

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Hud McG's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 1st, 2005
    Posts
    246
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sorry R stand by the rest tho.
    H

  10. #10
    Inactive Member DAMAGED ROSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 28th, 2005
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dogs d'amour - Last Bandit

    and

    Hanoi Rocks - Back to mystery City

    are my favourite glam tracks and both non USA!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •